|About - Getting Started - Diagrams - Symbols - Downloads - Basics - Math - Examples - Pictures - Layout - Commands - Packages - Help|
Latex, or , (pronounced lah-TEK or lay-TEK) is a typesetting markup language that is useful to produce properly formatted mathematical and scientific expressions.
Using LaTeX in the Community, the AoPSWiki, or the Classroom
If you are just learning for use on the AoPS site, then go to the LaTeX on AoPS page. If you would like to produce full documents of your own, please follow the directions below.
Getting Started with Writing Documents in LaTeX
- The first step is to install the software to use LaTeX on your computer.
- For Windows, follow these instructions (in order):
- For Mac, visit this site and follow the directions.
- For Linux, follow these instructions (in order):
- The First Document page walks you through creating your first LaTeX document.
- The Math page shows you how to typset mathematics in LaTeX.
- The Style section shows you how to control the basic appearance of your document.
- The layout of your document.
- The different symbols available in LaTeX.
- Some of the commands in LaTeX, and how to define your own new commands.
- Various external packages that can increase LaTeX's abilities, and how to create your own new packages.